Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New poster here. I need to remove the plastic cowl cover on my 2000 CRV. I have a water leak issue into the passenger side foot well during heavy rain and (based on a bit of looking around) I think there may be some blockage under there I need to clear.

Everything I have read suggests that I will likely break one or more of the cowl cover clips when trying to remove them, and should have replacements on hand.

I do not know much about cars and have done little work on this vehicle myself. I want to make sure I get the right clips before I start the job. How do I figure out the name/number/type of clip I need, so I can buy the right thing before I get started?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
You might also try the same Honda part number for those cowl clips at Amazon. They might not be original Honda parts, but they should fit and are much cheaper. A bag of them should be relatively inexpensive, and give you a few spares. Windshield repair facilities probably buy their clips the same way, as those will probably be very brittle from sitting for years in the sun.

What is probably causing the leak is the foam on the back side of the cowl cover being deteriorated--if that foam is falling apart, that is how water is seeping into the car. So if you don't find any debris, check the condition of that foam and replace it if needed. I forget which size is needed, but you can find a similar insulating foam tape at your local home improvement store. Scrape off the old, stick on the new and that should eliminate at least one common cause of leaks to the interior. 🙂

·
Registered
00 CRV
227 Posts
I got mine at Amazon, but this particular one is out of stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts