Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an after market seat with the appropriate hardware? (brackets and such)

Do seats/aftermarket seats for the EJ6 Honda Civic also work for Gen1 CRVs?

I’m looking to replace my front seats since the ones in now are the original and worn down. I’ve considered reupholstering them, but I still find the dimensions to be too small for comfort. Unfortunately, I haven’t had luck finding normal ergonomic aftermarket seats. Everything I’ve seen is a bucket/racing sea

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,614 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't think you will find a solution for this issue that does not cost more than the car will ever be worth. You might do some specific word searches here for anything on it, as well as take a look on YouTube. But there is not really room for larger seats. It might be possible to fit Civic seats, but that would likely also require adapter mounting bracket fabrication. It might be possible, though. But Civic seats are not likely to be larger, so there's that. However, if you do come up with a fix, be sure to let us know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! I don't think you will find a solution for this issue that does not cost more than the car will ever be worth. You might do some specific word searches here for anything on it, as well as take a look on YouTube. But there is not really room for larger seats. It might be possible to fit Civic seats, but that would likely also require adapter mounting bracket fabrication. It might be possible, though. But Civic seats are not likely to be larger, so there's that. However, if you do come up with a fix, be sure to let us know!
I appreciate the response and input! I’ll be sure to post something when I find a solution.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,614 Posts
You might also consider Acura seats from similar years, as I've heard they are much nicer. I think there are a couple of folks here who have done the Acura seat swap in later model V's.

Reactions: david47900

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,580 Posts
So a little more width and more cush for your tush?
Wonder if Accord seats have the same bracket mounting set up. IE width between seat rails and distance between securing bolt holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts