Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts ok when cold. Will not start when hot. If I use the flooded engine start procedure, sometimes it will start up other times I have to let it sit for 30 min +. New battery. Getting good spark. Getting fuel. I have replaced the distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, injectors. Cleaned the IACV and checked the main relay. No codes, car runs fine if/when it starts. I'm stumped, Any suggestions on what to look for next?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
When it is not starting, you have a good spark at THAT time?

How did you determine that it is getting fuel at the no start time?

When you say it will not start when it is hot, does it still crank over fast?

Possible timing problem. Perhaps the timing belt slipped a tooth or two.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it is not starting, you have a good spark at THAT time?

How did you determine that it is getting fuel at the no start time?

When you say it will not start when it is hot, does it still crank over fast?

Possible timing problem. Perhaps the timing belt slipped a tooth or two.

Buffalo4
It is getting a good spark. I checked for that first thing when it wont start. Tested the pump at the tank and loosened the line at the outlet of the filter to make sure there was pressure and no blockage. Pulled the plugs and there is fuel on them and in the cylinders. Used a tester to determine the injectors are opening. If anything, its getting too much fuel. New battery, cranks fine, cold or hot. Checked timing several times. All the timing marks line up.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
If it is getting too much fuel, then the ecu is suspect.
I had a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero that quit running suddenly and had spark and fuel and would almost start. It turned out to be the computer (ecu) was causing the fuel injectors to stay wide open. Replacing the ECU solved that problem.
Fuel on the plugs (wet) either means it is insufficient spark or the injectors are wide open or it is not firing at the right time.
Buffalo4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts