Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum here. I drive a black 2000 Manual Transmission Honda Cr-V with 276,000 miles on it. It's been making noise when the clutch is released, and the guy that I bought it from a year ago said that it was the throwout bearing. I neglected to do my own research, but instead decided to wait until the throwout bearing went out all the way and I couldn't shift anymore. This finally happened after a year and a few months of driving the car. I just finished replacing the clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and throwout bearing, along with anything else that was worn or broken that I saw along the way. After all was said and done, the noise still persisted. I'm realizing now that it is probably the input shaft bearing. For the life of me I can't find replacement bearings or any info on how to replace them. Anybody have any experience with changing those?

·
Registered
895 Posts
What you are looking for is the main shaft bearing. You will have to drop the transmission again and split it to change it. It may be worth while to find a reman transmission if you are pretty sure that is what is making noise. Its not a small job to take one of those apart. Honda part numbers are:
Bearing: 91002-PG1-018
Seal: 91216-PH8-005

Untitled.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts