Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda CR-v 5-speed AWD
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade the drive shaft on my 2000 Honda CR-v RD1 Manual trans. Looking into the idea of removing the pumps in the rear diff, pinning the rear diff clutch pack to make it always engaged, then swapping in a viscous drive shaft. (to let that do the engagement vs the differential dual pump setup) The RD1 rear diff setup takes too long to engage the rear diff for my taste. I believe from what I heard one from an 02 Range Rover Freelander will work? Anyone heard of anything along those lines? Mainly I'm looking to see if any viscous coupler drive shafts would be just bolt on with minimal modification.

Once I sort out the rear diff I am looking to Phantom LSD the rear diff as well.

I'm not looking to make this a race car or a rock bouncer, I just want to make it a more capable machine in all those categories than it was before I got the vehicle.

If this is in the wrong location,or someone has posted something similar before I apologize in advance, but I tried looking around on the forum and couldn't seem to find anything quite up this area.

I welcome all ideas/opinions C: Honestly I am just enjoying tinkering with this CR-v.

Links to source information.

Video of a cr-v with pinned diff and viscous drive shaft.

pinning the clutch in a rear diff 02-04 crv though (he went overboard and welded everything up too, I'm just looking to pin the clutch pack)

Current mods;
1320 Performance 65a billet engine mounts (AMAZING btw for only $150)

·
Registered
2000 Honda CR-v 5-speed AWD
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh wow. took some digging, but found this guys post on a forum. The guy in the first video above documented his entire build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts