Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not big on replacing stock radios and such so this is probably a bit boring to most folks but it suits my needs well and it was cheap :cool:

I picked up one of those mp3 adapters that plugs into where the optional CD changer goes. There are a bunch of them all over ebay for about $30. The one I got has "Audio Basix" on it but I imagine they are all about the same.

I have the cassette player in my V with no CD at all but most of my music is on my phone or ipod and most folks have music on their phones so this is cool with me.

It was nice that the whole unit fit into the space behind the little tray:

IMG_1672.jpg

I just zip-tied it through the holes in the bottom of the radio.

I drilled a hole in the top of the tray for the 3.5mm plug to fit through and tunes!

IMG_1673.jpg

Not the snazziest setup but it works pretty well and now I can share tunes with anyone who has music on their phone or listen to my own stuff:D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Great idea.

Another idea would have been to get a newer OEM CD/deck with mp3, but what you did was cheaper and easier.

Nice job!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great idea.

Another idea would have been to get a newer OEM CD/deck with mp3, but what you did was cheaper and easier.

Nice job!
Thanks! I looked at some different OEM radios but the sound quality of the stocker is fine by me. I may get a jack from radio shack and just install it on the edge of the pocket so I won't have a wire always in the space.

I also have one of these:

IMG_1674.jpg

Which I may mount somewhere. Maybe in the glove compartment? I've found that a couple of USB's and an AUX IN to the radio are really nice to have!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts