Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Honda CRV EX a couple months ago and now having an issue with the transmission.

History: 4 cyl; Automatic; Odometer: 135,000 miles; Autocheck report states trans serviced at 131,000 (not exactly sure what was actually done). Transmission fluid is clean so maybe a fluid change. Bought from a dealer and the car was a trade-in so don't know the owners before me. No lights on. Trans fluid is full when I check it cold; haven't checked when it warms up to operating temp.

Symptoms: The car runs perfect when it starts up cold. When it warms up to operating temp it has a hard time accelerating from a stop to second gear. The car accelerates to 3000 RPM then shifts and runs normally again. It comes and goes and doesn't always happen while driving. If I put the transmission in 1st gear manually it starts from a stop just fine.

Concerns: Immediately I thought the transmission was slipping. Although, it almost feels like the car hasn't shifted back to 1st gear and then adjusts as I start going. Maybe a solenoid? Improper trans fluid filled during service? Throttle position sensor? 10% ethanol gas?

Just seeing if there is anything I can do to help pinpoint the issue. Not extremely car savvy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Trans fluid is suppose to be checked with the transmission hot right after you turn it off. Could be as the fluid expands it is way over filled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Shryp. I checked it today after driving home from work and it is appropriately filled into the hash marks on the transmission stick.

The temperature was colder out today than it recently has been and I didn't have an issue at all. Might be just a coincidence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts