Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2001 crv last year with 140k it had almost no heat so I looked online then decided to check the cabin air filter.....there wasn't one but there was spray foam everywhere who ever had it b4 apparently thought spray foam would help with a leak from the windshield molding and it was everywhere it's in some of the fins and I'm wondering if that's why I dont have heat

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It definitely isn't helping your case. The coolant runs heats up the heater core and then air blowing through it picks up the heat. If the air can't blow though it you won't have much heat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I'm even more confused just thinking about it...without the heater control valve and just the t that would mean that the warm antifreeze is always going through the heater core since there is nothing to stop it I assume but I have ac just no heat my ac isn't great but it does help cool the car on hot days so I dont even know anymore what is going on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my mechanic friend helped me figure it our NY blend door is broken on the inside so we manually moved it into place for now so I have heat till summer when I can take it apart to fix it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts