Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am brand new to the site and this is my first post. Sorry to jump straight in with a question but I desperately need some advice on changing the centre section (pipe B) on a 2001 (old shape) CRV. My question is this: pipe B bolts to the back of the catalytic converter, the nuts have completely corroded and I am pretty sure I will have to cut them off - are the the 3 bolts/studs easy to change? I don't know if the holes in the cat conv flange are threaded, does anyone know? Will I be able to knock these bolts/studs out, or will I need to drill them? I would be really grateful for any advice as the exhaust is now hanging on by just a few scraps of rusty metal. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Hi everyone. I am brand new to the site and this is my first post. Sorry to jump straight in with a question but I desperately need some advice on changing the centre section (pipe B) on a 2001 (old shape) CRV. My question is this: pipe B bolts to the back of the catalytic converter, the nuts have completely corroded and I am pretty sure I will have to cut them off - are the the 3 bolts/studs easy to change? I don't know if the holes in the cat conv flange are threaded, does anyone know? Will I be able to knock these bolts/studs out, or will I need to drill them? I would be really grateful for any advice as the exhaust is now hanging on by just a few scraps of rusty metal. Cheers.
The studs on the back of the cat are a press fit. You can just punch the studs out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts