Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing on Title, or registration, no emblem on car, nothing stated in the owner's manual.

Why is it difficult to determine what model I just bought???

All I know is it is a 2001, AWD, no sunroof, electric door locks, windows and mirrors seems to have factory CD player, has roof rack,

Why is the model difficult to find out?

thanx for any help

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No 1st gen in the US any trim level came with a factory sunroof. All the other stuff you mention is standard except for the roof rac . That was an OEM accessory that could be added onto any model.

Does it have painted door handles and mirrors? If so, it's NOT an LX and is an EX or SE. If they are black it is an LX and no need to go farther.

Since you didnt mention leather interior, we can assume its not an SE model. But if it has leather and painted bumper along with mirrors and door handles then it would be an SE.

Let us know what you figured out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No 1st gen in the US any trim level came with a factory sunroof.
Wrong.

My 2000 CRV shows it was sold originally in Connecticut by Haller. It has an electric sunroof that is in no way, a DIY project someone did. Could of been dealer installed I don't know, but looks real factory to me.

For the OP.... Entire body and bumpers one, solid color= SE Trim....leather interior...it is the top of th line CRV. LX is a base model....black mirrors, black bumpers, plain, ugly steel wheels. SE is mid trim. Better looking wheels, body color mirrors and handles and has ABS brakes.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Wrong.

My 2000 CRV shows it was sold originally in Connecticut by Haller. It has an electric sunroof that is in no way, a DIY project someone did. Could of been dealer installed I don't know, but looks real factory to me.

For the OP.... Entire body and bumpers one, solid color= SE Trim....leather interior...it is the top of th line CRV. LX is a base model....black mirrors, black bumpers, plain, ugly steel wheels. SE is mid trim. Better looking wheels, body color mirrors and handles and has ABS brakes.
The dealer had someone else install it. I will say it once again, "No 1st gen of any trim level came with a factory sunroof." Notice I said factory. Meaning installedat the time the cehicle was built on the assembly line.

As you even went on to say, "Could have been dealer installed I don't know."

So what is it, am I wrong and did they come from the factory with it? No, Im not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dealer had someone else install it. I will say it once again, "No 1st gen of any trim level came with a factory sunroof." Notice I said factory. Meaning installedat the time the cehicle was built on the assembly line.

As you even went on to say, "Could have been dealer installed I don't know."

So what is it, am I wrong and did they come from the factory with it? No, Im not.
Interesting.... They did a great job of it though, totally fooled me. I looked it over for any sort of chop chop work, but it's totally clean. Wiring looks pro too and it works great.

Loving my V.... Planning a custom, budget build on it soon. All rust off of it and new paint, some chunky tires and other stuff to make it look better. Plan to keep this rig for a while.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Forgot to mention in the last post and to clarify, No 1st gen CR-V made for US market, came from the factory with any glass in the roof moveable or not. I forgot the US market part.

Now, other countries did receive ones with a power roof. Located over the 2nd row. Please also notice the different front bumper, fog/driving lights, chrome grill and the roof mounted antenna as different from US spec.

Here is an image of a US spec front to compare to. Reason is to show you different countries did get different options and maybe, just maybe, I really do know what Im talking about and am not "Wrong" as you stated.

Now I think you should apologize for saying I was "Wrong." When I know for fact you sir are wrong thinking yours, sold in the US new, came from the factory with a power roof. It must be the 1 and only 1 sold in the US then with the factory installed roof as all others out there are after market.

Easy way to tell, run your VIN on a parts site, then see if you can find the parts diagram for the power roof components, (motors, switch, wiring, glass, anything), which yours has from the factory according to your 1st post. Also, post a pic of the switch that controls it, it wont be a Honda OEM switch Id bet. And last, look at the glass in the roof up close. I know it wont say Honda on the glass which all "factory OEM installed" roofs will have. It says it even on the windshield that came in it from the factory and all side windows too. No reason it qoildnt be on the roof glass to if installed at the factory. Should be in one of the corners. But it wont be as its a dealer out sourced installed item.

Parts link for ya. Please post a link to the power roof stuff for a 1st gen for us all. We would all like to see it Im sure. But mainly, just apologize for saying I was wrong when you actually didnt know yourself forsure. You even went on to state you didnt after saying a long time memeber who happenes to be a retired Honda Parts Manager from the MidWest.

But here is a link to find the parts and prove me wrong. Have at it and best of luck to you with it. Lol

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
]
Forgot some stuff. What about the EX model????

This is all US spec info below.

The 97 was available only as an LX model. You could choose between an LX with AWD and NO ABS, and an Auto trans or an LX with AWD and ABS in an Auto.

In 98 they started offering the EX model which included painted mirrors, door handles and alloy wheels. Even the 5th spare wheel was an alloy. Also, in 98 in both trim levels the dash mounted clock was introduced.

99 was the mid model redesign. Got a few more HP, different interior seat patterns and black heater a/c controls instead of the funky grey. Again, only LX and EX models were offered.

In 2000, the SE was now offered for the 1st time and included what you had wrote about.

Please dont say Im wrong and then not even know all the trim levels as you tried to describe.

Thanks for playing and hope your week gets better abd you actually able to prove someone wrong.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Wrong.

Talk about not knowing what your trying to talk about. It is, it isnt, you dont know? But your 1st statement is that I am "Wrong."

I like how about 4 months had passed and no one said I was wrong until you popped in. And your kinda new around here compared to say, me. Only been on the site about 7yrs longer than yourself.

I just thought this sticker on my toolbox fit this situation. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Only when he admits he was,

"Wrong."

Or apologizes for saying I was wrong.

But since Im back, may was well clear up 1 thing I left out.

The 5spd manual came out in 98 for the US. It could only be had as an AWD model in either the LX or EX trim. This continued until 2001 and its said less than 8% shipped in were manuals.

Also, with the EX model he forgot to mention, from 98-01, all EX models both automatic and manual were AWD models. They never made a FWD EX model for the US market.

My license plate frame on my HR-V. I thought this to be fitting this thread too.

Now Im done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts