Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem with my 2001 CRV that doesn't seem to have been addressed on these forums so far.
The blower blows just fine, the AC blows cold air but when I turn the heater control switch to get warm air all I get is a ticking sound from behind the switch panel and no warm air.
I know there is a transistor behind the glove box but need confirmation of whether this is just speed control and power to the blower.
The water mixing valve looks to be in good condition, with these components exposed it is clear that the ticking noise was definitely coming from behind the switches.

Has anybody had any experience with a similar symptom, it so what was the cause/solution.
I have searched as far as I can on this site and searched U-Tube for possible answers but so far without luck, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Graham

·
Registered
644 Posts
The transistor is only for blower motor speed control. Is the water valve cable moving freely when pulled? The ticking may be due to a jammed cable, or valve arm or some other obstruction to the motor and its rotation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look, everything else seems ok such as running temperature so I'm confident it isn't a coolant or thermostat issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts