Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my first trip out of town in 2001 that I bought 17 days ago. Has 139,000 miles, when returning home to MD from N.C. vehicle started to lose speed cruise control. I took it off and was giving the car gas manually it stopped shifting into the higher gear. We were down to 20 mph on the side of the highway limping along until we found civilization. A very nice mechanic looked at it for me and scanned it, he said it was the solenoid/ torque converter code. He tried a couple people that sold him parts and they didn't have the solenoid. He tried cleaning out the one on my vehicle but he said it wasn't really dirty, but after he cleaned it the problem wasn't fixed. He said there wasn't anything else he could do at that time. We tried to make it home but it wouldn't go above 20 mph, ended up parking it and calling family to come rescue us. Now the car is 5 1/2 hours away broke down. Any advise would be great!!!!!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,575 Posts
Be good to know where in MD, as other forum members may know a trusted mechanic nearby.
Do you know what the code was?
Is the engine oil level correct?
Is the ATF fluid level correct (and clean)?
In Neutral does is the engine rev properly?
When in gear, does it rev but not drive the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rocky, thanks for the response. The car is currently in Danville, Va I had to leave it there as I was driving home on a holiday weekend. I did manage to have someone look at it briefly, I don't know the code number but he said it was referring to the solenoid/torque converter. The engine oil was fine, the ATF level was good and he said it looked and smelled good. The engine seemed to be running normally it idled correctly, in neutral it reved fine. The problem only seemed to happen when trying to accellorate in gear. I am trying to get someone to look at it there, my brother-in-law knows a mechanic in the area. We are not sure if he does this type of work. If he doesn't I am at the local service centers mercy (scary).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts