Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Honda Cr-v ex

I can set the cruise speed at say 60 mph. and then the speed starts to fall off. Now, i just learned that if i just barely ( and i mean barely!!!) touch the gas pedal, it is as if the cruise control starts working again. The speed returns back to 60 mph. and remains until i have a need to disengage it.
Does anyone know why this occurs?

NOTE: All cruise control related vacuum has been tested with mityvac and passes.

Thanks in advance
John

·
Registered
772 Posts
John, when you press the SET button, it takes a couple of seconds for the cruise to activate, and then all is normal. My 97 LX is one owner and been like that from day one, it is the system.
On the other hand, my Tahoe is instant, you touch the SET button and it's instant. JMHO and good luck.
David g...........:cool:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think it's the same on mine. We do not have good cruise control systems on our '97s. Mine usually settles in on the correct speed, but it will drift five or more MPH in either direction depending on conditions (like going up a hill--it takes forever to compensate). There are even times I have had it surge when engaging, jumping up 5MPH or so, dropping below the set speed, then finally settling in.

My 2009s do not have this issue. Neither did our 1999 Acura TL--that one was dead accurate. We just got stuck with a lousy setup in the '97.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts