Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a leak on a 2001 Honda CR-V after I did a valve adjustment. Ran into a problem at first since it was my first valve adjustment. Made the exhaust valves too loose and when starting the car big ticking noises and smoke was coming out of the engine dipstick area. Quickly turned off engine and redid the valves. Anyway, the leaking is below where the cam shaft plug is in the pictures below. Is the cam shaft plug leaking? Because there's no oil around it ( pics attached ) so I'm not sure if that's the case. Wouldn't there be oil around that plug and small drips connecting to that area? This all happened the next day after the incident with the bad adjustment on my end. Would I be able to just put some gasket sealer on that area and hope for the best? The leak isn't too bad just annoying to see.

Attachments

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Did apply use a sealant at the 'corners' of the valve cover where it goes over the camshafts?

From your picture it seems that the leak is behind the cam cover seal, indicating the valve cover seal.

Take the valve cover off, check for any damage to the sealing surfaces (scrapes etc). Replace the valve cover gasket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts