Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace the starter on my crv n it still wont start , I just get this spinning noice, I check all the relays, fuses just to be sure but everything is ok . I would appreciate any help or maybe some one already has pass thru this issue .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I change it because it when out no clicking ,that's why I replace , the new one I took off n got it tested at autozone n was told that it's good, I don't know what else to look 4r.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Where did you got the new one? Do you still have the old one? It sounds like it has a bad solenoid or a bad bendix drive. Can you test the starter to another store other than Autozone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replace the starter on my crv n it still wont start , I just get this spinning noice, I check all the relays, fuses just to be sure but everything is ok . when is the best time to replace battery? Visit Autoguysland for more info in case you want to know. I would appreciate any help or maybe some one already has pass thru this issue .
It could be issue related to battery. You check if the battery terminals is loose or not? Take a look at this.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I work at Smyth Parts Plus in Cincinnati and i just had a guy come in with a similar issue yesterday on a Corolla. He bought a brand new starter, like not a reman'd one, less then a month ago and he only gets the spinning bendix. My computer tells me my location has an identical brand new one on the shelf but for ****s and giggles, we test that one too. New out of the box and off the shelf, that one had did not extend also but just spun really fast. I offered to go get a different brand one for him but because he was in a hurry, he went onto the next nearest location that showed a TYC branded starter. That's the first time i have ever had that issue come up where it wasn't a re-manufactured starter that failed so soon but maybe you and him both got a bad one?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I work at Smyth Parts Plus in Cincinnati and i just had a guy come in with a similar issue yesterday on a Corolla. He bought a brand new starter, like not a reman'd one, less then a month ago and he only gets the spinning bendix. My computer tells me my location has an identical brand new one on the shelf but for ****s and giggles, we test that one too. New out of the box and off the shelf, that one had did not extend also but just spun really fast. I offered to go get a different brand one for him but because he was in a hurry, he went onto the next nearest location that showed a TYC branded starter. That's the first time i have ever had that issue come up where it wasn't a re-manufactured starter that failed so soon but maybe you and him both got a bad one?
I agree with Leung82. Sometimes out of the box they go bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got that problem solve. I just wanted to ask if anyone is having this new issue that just happen last night. Went to walmart came back n my crv would not start again ,battery was fully charge n still wont start. I smell gas so I check the filter also the gas pump which were fine pump was putting out pressure so I let it sit over night n this morning it just started like nothing, any suggestions what to look for .

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
when you mean it won't start does this mean that the starter won't turn at all or the starter turns but the engine won't fire up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The starter is working properly, last night I just couldn't get it to start but this morning it started like nothing , I change out the fuel filter n still acting up I'm going to try a fuel injector cleaner see if it works . I just wanted to see if any one had this issue before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The starter is working properly, last night I just couldn't get it to start but this morning it started like nothing , I change out the fuel filter n still acting up I'm going to try a fuel injector cleaner see if it works . I just wanted to see if any one had this issue before.
IF you let your fuel go too low the fuel pump will overheat and burn out! It may be it started because it cool down but it's on its way out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gdmorning room , just like the other morning, I went outside tried it n turn on like nothing, after idling it turned off n couldn't get it to start again . Just like Alley-oops mentioned that maybe the fuel pump overheats n shuts down because it cranks but just wont start like if not getting fuel .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gdmorning room , just like the other morning, I went outside tried it n turn on like nothing, after idling it turned off n couldn't get it to start again . Just like Alley-oops mentioned that maybe the fuel pump overheats n shuts down because it cranks but just wont start like if not getting fuel .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went ahead n replace the fuel pump but having the same issue turns on but turns off in a few minutes. I check for fuel pressure also check the filter but nothing changes .
What else can I check for.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It could be the Main relay which will sometimes shut off power to the fuel pump when the Main Relay gets hot.
Many times this is caused by a cracked solder joint on the circuit board,
Do a search on the Main relay in this and the Problems and Issues Forum.
So, basically it sounds like the fuel pump is not getting power. Sad that you had to replace it without testing first.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did test the pump n it's working n has pressured, I just find out that the ignition coil may be a factor , I check the spark plug wires n I dont get a spark on any of them , so according to you tube it might be the ignition coil. Anyone had an issue like this .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good morning chat , I'm still having trouble with my crv . So far I have replace the ignition coil/spark module/fuel pump/ spark plug n wires/ main relay n still having the same issue that it starts but then shuts off n can't get it to start again . I really need help .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts