Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two Gen2 forums, not sure why, hope this is the right place... I have a 2002 CRV and when the AC is turned on the compressor rattles and knocks loudly causing a lot of vibration. I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I can replace anything if I know what to do. Has anyone seen this before, know how to fix? Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are two Gen2 forums, not sure why, hope this is the right place... I have a 2002 CRV and when the AC is turned on the compressor rattles and knocks loudly causing a lot of vibration. I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I can replace anything if I know what to do. Has anyone seen this before, know how to fix? Thank you.
Knock sound is coming from AC compressor for sure. But the vibrations is not to do with that. Check engine and gearbox mounts for the vibration issue. Check compressor pulley bearing there is a high chance that sound is coming from there. Also check the AC compressor coil, if that is bad replace that.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
FYI there are generally two sections for each Generation as there are differences between the early and late year models for each one. In the Gen1's you can see it as they are labeled Gen1 and Gen1.5. In the Gen2's they haven't used the same naming, so a slight inconsistency that needs to be addressed. As you can see the bottom-most Gen2 section says for 2002-2004 models, and the upper one says for 2002-2006 models. It should say Gen 2.5, for 2005-2006 models. But over the years there has been overlap, so you really kind of have to search both sections.

However, good information on A/C compressors my be found in almost any section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts