Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 2002 manual CR-V with 260,000+ miles on it developed a strange problem yesterday. The acceleration was randomly cutting out as I drove. The engine remained on and running, but the speed would drop even though I was pressing the accelerator. If I kept my foot on the accelerator, the acceleration would kick back in after about 5 seconds. This happened at various speeds and rpms. There wasn't any surging. I tried restarting the engine and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, but the problem persisted. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello. My 2002 manual CR-V with 260,000+ miles on it developed a strange problem yesterday. The acceleration was randomly cutting out as I drove. The engine remained on and running, but the speed would drop even though I was pressing the accelerator. If I kept my foot on the accelerator, the acceleration would kick back in after about 5 seconds. This happened at various speeds and rpms. There wasn't any surging. I tried restarting the engine and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, but the problem persisted. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Oh how I miss the dependable manual transmissions! Forced to try my first automatic when manuals became extinct (or maybe by special order only). At 260K miles, I'd expect some burps, but my 2019 CR-V just did this yesterday at 8900 miles! I was heading uphill into a small town at 30 mph when the acceleration slowed to a stop by the time I was able to pull to the side of the road. The gas pedal was totally non-respondent. Turned off the engine and sat a minute before restarting and was able to continue. No help to you, but it does sound like there may be a genetic link here!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You dont have an automatic. You have a CVT transmission. Completely different in every way.

Manual transmissions last about the same as automatics when automatics are maintained correctly. I much prefer manual transmissions, as you said they are basically extinct due to fat, lazy, dumber down, self entitled America lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts