Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here but have owned the CRV since 2002.
Things are starting to happen and I know I don't have all of the answers. I look forward to sharing ideas, information and my love for the CRV.

Sincerely
Jesse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here but have owned the CRV since 2002.
Things are starting to happen and I know I don't have all of the answers. I look forward to sharing ideas, information and my love for the CRV.

Sincerely
Jesse
Otto888man
I think I've solved the power window issue. I replaced the master switch and got one of the two windows working. I'm going to replace the rear passenger switch this week and hopefully that will work.
The a/c went out 2 weeks ago and I've heard that the compressors are not that good on the CRV. Can't really complain since the truck is 13 years old and has 124k miles.
I'm thinking about doing the job myself. Plan is to replace the compressor and the condenser. I don't think the compressor blew up like I've read can happen. There was no noise and I don't hear it clicking on. I haven't taken the CRV into a shop to confirm. Do you think I should?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The a/c went out 2 weeks ago and I've heard that the compressors are not that good on the CRV. Can't really complain since the truck is 13 years old and has 124k miles.
I'm thinking about doing the job myself. Plan is to replace the compressor and the condenser. I don't think the compressor blew up like I've read can happen. There was no noise and I don't hear it clicking on. I haven't taken the CRV into a shop to confirm. Do you think I should?

Thanks
It could just be out of Freon. Lots of places check for leaks for about $50 and a refill around $100 depending on where you live of course.

Good luck, I was lucky to get mine fixed for free on a TSB for 2007-2011 CRV's.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the best place to share/solve problem. As OP mentioned FREON is the key ingrediant. You got low mileage, my mileage is over 215k and still going. Use a good reputable shop to find problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum, the best place to share/solve problem. As OP mentioned FREON is the key ingrediant. You got low mileage, my mileage is over 215k and still going. Use a good reputable shop to find problem. Good luck.
Thank you everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts