Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is a problem for any second gen. owner but why did they make the cup holders so horrible? Nothing fits securely in them because the small ring at the bottom is too small. Was there suppose to be an insert there that my used vehicle didn't come with? Has somebody come up with a fix to this?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I only use what I call the "captain's" cup holder, that's the slide out one in the center console. I leave everyone else in the car who has free hands to deal with their impractical cup holders. :D I've also found that the space between the driver seat (or passenger seat) and the door is a great spot for big cups, nalgene bottles, etc. They'll stay put, until I forget that I put something there and open the door... then if falls to the ground and rolls under the car. I've probably done that 1,000 times, so obviously that's not a safe spot for glass bottles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use a travel mug in my CR-V 6 mornings a week, never had a problem with it not fitting.
You have to remember that vehicle designers usually go with an average sizing for things like cup-holders, as not all cups are the same size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts