Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here and new to the CR-V. So far, I love mine! Beautiful shape overall, still under 100k and way more spacious than my EK Civic.

It has normal 14-year-old Honda issues here and there, the most alarming of which is pretty serious rust on an undercarriage piece I cannot identify. Any help would be appreciated. It's a black tube bolted to the floor and it is between the very underside of the car and the muffler. There's another on the driver's side, but it is in good shape. Can anyone identify it for me? Car drives fine. IMG_0436.jpg

·
Everything in Moderation
7,649 Posts
A parts list reference (or a wider angle photo) would help.

Parts lists are online from some of the internet dealers, such as HondaPartsCheap.com or Bernardi.com. Sometimes you need to search through the drawings, they are not always in the most intuitive groupings...

++++++++++

W.A.G.: a heat shield on the muffler or manifold? These commonly rust away (and eventually rattle).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! lizzurd: It does look like it could be one of those ... Then I guess the question is, what happens when it rusts all the way through? Looks fairly easy to replace, I guess. Taking a wider angle picture will be a little tough cause I don't have an easy means of getting the car up in the air high enough, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for checking in, everybody!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts