Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am new at the forum, I just bought a 2002 CR-V- EX-L Canadian Edition with 196K Miles (307000 Kms) 2 weeks ago, My CR-V is experiencing hesitation during hard acceleration, I have replaced in the last 2 weeks the following, New NGK Laser Cut Iridium plugs, Engine oil, Air Filter, Transmission Fluid with Honda ATF DW1, Power Steering flush, Differential Flush with Honda Oil, runs very smooth as long as I do not try to rev the engine high at one shot, under normal acceleration will do 90 to 100 MPH not problem with a just light throttle push, if I deep the pedal to the metal it will hesitate and the surges on like a mad bull, sometimes does not do it but most of the time is does. Can this happen because a bad ignition coil? I am about to replace all 4 of them, the previous owner does not recall changing them.

I have flushed the engine twice and ran 2 tanks of gas with Seafoam, I have no codes, I am monitoring the Engine Management System with OBD-II via Bluetooth and everything seems to be at the right parameters, I hope that it is not the tranny :(

Any Ideas?

Thank You

·
Registered
892 Posts
Maybe try cleaning your throttle body and MAF sensor.

·
Registered
500 Posts
One thing we tend to forget while changing plugs because
new plugs usually do the job are---New Coils and Wires for those plugs.

If they've never been changed they have as many miles on them as the car shows.

Just a thought.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Wow, nice porting job. :cool: Was there a noticeable improvement in power? :confused:

+++++++++++++++

Coils have not been problematic, as they are on Fits. I'd be tempted to try a set from an Accord or CR-V from a junkyard if that is what you suspect.

There are treatises on the Fit forums as to how to check (and sometimes resuscitate) bad coils.

++++++++++++++++

Does anyone know if a sticking IMRC could cause these symptoms? (I thought it created a CEL code P0177, though)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it turns out that it was the Knock Sensor, I got a code and replaced the sensor and problems went away, I also replaced the coils. Now I have a different issue, once I thought that I had my Blue Beam CRV all dialed in, it developed a light pinging at very load speed, could be between 10 and 30 MPH under feather acceleration, I am using CASTROL Full Synch 5W-20 and tried all grades of Gas up to 94 Octanes and makes no difference, no codes again, drives very smooth but pings, if I punch it hard it will leave the rubber on the tarmac and no pinging. Any Ideas?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Glad you got a code, but it sounds as if the new knock sensor isn't doing its job. (Is it factory or aftermarket?)

If the sensor hears repeated <PING>s, it should send the message to the ECU, which is supposed to dial the timing back to stop the pinging. Could be wiring or a poor connection at the new sensor, or at the ECU, as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts