Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello ... I'm new here and not sure if this is the place for this post but here goes anyway.

I'm looking to replace the front lower control arm bushings with poyurethane bushings. Does anybody know if there is a company out there that sells these for the 2002-2006 CR-V? Or maybe there is a similar model Honda that uses the same bushings, and those are available in poly? The work that I do as a Rural Mail Carrier tears up the OEM bushings and I'd like to find a set that will handle the stress.

Thanks a lot for your help.

phastphil

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have seen others on this forum asking the same questions, I'm sure someone will know the answer to this question. Out of curiosity, how do you know they are bad? I.E. why are you replacing them? I have a clunking from the passengers side front corner that is really only evident while I'm turning to the left and the tire slips over snow pack or hits bumps. I have new end links, sway bar bushings, I'm pretty sure the noise in the control arm bushings or ball joint but I can't quite figure it out yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front lower bushings are actually ripped into two pieces now. The inside has broken away from the outer rubber. I could only see this when I had the wheel off and the car jacked up on either side. Both of my front lower bushings are broken. Check to see if you can move the arm up and down with pry bar at the front bushing. It will be really obvious if it has broken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello ... I'm new here and not sure if this is the place for this post but here goes anyway.

I'm looking to replace the front lower control arm bushings with poyurethane bushings. Does anybody know if there is a company out there that sells these for the 2002-2006 CR-V? Or maybe there is a similar model Honda that uses the same bushings, and those are available in poly? The work that I do as a Rural Mail Carrier tears up the OEM bushings and I'd like to find a set that will handle the stress.

Thanks a lot for your help.

phastphil
Just in case you havn't found it yet. "SPF2306K" This is the part number for a master kit for your model. Its is "Super Pro" brand and it is distributed by tein. You can fetch it at there website. Make your own research to be sure, I have not purchased one yet. But if you do so, I'll be happy to hear how it turns out.
-David

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced the lower control arm on my 2003 crv. I was getting a clunking noise and the lower bushing had pulled apart. The complete control arm was $65.90 shipped from
autoparts midwest. The hardest part of replaceing the arm was getting the ball joint loose,but I think this would be easier then trying to just replace the bushings. Took me about 1.5 hrs to do it myself.
Blove

1 - 6 of 6 Posts