Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've browsed through a lot of other CRV air conditioning posts and can't find one with the same symptoms as mine. 2002 CRV with 70,000 miles, previous owner had receipt for replacement of compressor about two years ago. A/C had worked fine all summer. While driving on the highway yesterday, I noticed the engine RPMs fluctuating up and down a little and I wondered if my transmission was slipping. That stopped, but then the AC started blowing warm air instead of cold, and I smelled an odor that reminded me of burned electronics which I still smell while driving with the AC off. Now, when at idle I also notice the temperature creeping up a little bit (still around the middle of the gauge), and there's a sound kind of like a slight screeching (very faint) at all times when I start the car and as it's running. I noticed the 20A fuse #1 under the hood (AC condenser blower motor / AC compressor clutch) was blown, so I replaced it, but when I started the car again and turned on the AC that fuse immediately blew again. Is this fuse also related to the blower or compressor clutch relays under the hood? Could a bad relay be responsible for these symptoms? I'm going to try swapping the horn and AC relays to see if anything changes when I have a minute, but would appreciate any other leads. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts