Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to post if this has been answered before; I DID search (but am not impressed by this search engine).

Anyway: my 2nd generation power windows all quit at once, so it ain't a motor problem. I looked at the related fuses in the dash - none looked fried. I downloaded a diagram of the engine compartment main fuses and checked those too. The 40 amp window fuse also looked fine to inspection.
Does anyone have any ideas before I invest $$ at the garage???
THANKS!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Is it just the master window control or all individual controls also?
Since all windows are not working, it may be the power window relay which is located in the under the dash fuse/relay box. Look in you owner's manual for its exact location.
Fuse #24 (7.5A) in the interior fuse box controls the power window relay. Might want to check that one.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'll check the individual controls on passenger doors.
I DID check fuse 24 - it looked fine, no burn/break.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Check it with a meter or a new fuse or a known good fuse.
Some 'blown' fuses look fine, esp a lower amperage one.
Otherwise I would look at that relay.
Couldn't find a good electrical diagram to see what does what, but since all windows stopped working at the same time, it is most likely a simple power problem, either a relay, fuse or broken wire.
Usually there are several relays that are the same so just switching them can help determine whether they are the problem or not.
Any other electrical problems that happened at the same time?
I'm asking because if a broken wire or lost ground happened, usually other things will stop working.
Buffalo4

·
Everything in Moderation
7,604 Posts
I'd be betting on the master switch on the drivers door armrest.

Honda had recalls for several models that required removal of the door panel to install shielding from water. It's possible that either the wires/plugs were loosely re-connected (and are now off), or the Master switch is bad (never heard of that before, though).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts