Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both fans arent working. I checked the fuses and relays and theyre all fine.

I also checked the fans by running a wire from it to the battery and theyre both working

Any help??

UPDATE: Buffalo1 told me to check all the 7.5 Amp fuses under the dash, they are all fine. I checked the ones under the hood, all fine

AC isnt blowing cold. When i turn it on, the motor gets a little bit weaker for a second but there is no obvious compressor kick like i can hear in my 2001 Prelude.
Any help??

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
The reason I asked if the AC was working was that sometimes the same fuse that powers the radiator fan and condenser fan relays also powers the ac compressor clutch relay.

Sometimes looking at a fuse is not enough, since they can be blown and super difficult to see.

On the 2002 it may even be a 10 amp fuse that controls the compressor clutch relay and the fan relays. Check fuse #14 (10 amp) in the under the dash fuse/relay panel.
I have the wiring diagram for a 2000, but the 2002 is different. On a 2000, one fuse controls those relays. Yours may not.
Hopefully it is just a fuse.
If you are experienced doing electrical stuff, you could pull out one of the fan relays and check for voltage to it when the ac is on, and/or jumper the proper two terminals in the socket to see if that fan goes on when the key is set to ON. If it works when you jumper the terminals, then you know the wiring is good from it to the fan.
Best of luck.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know about the compressor issues on these models, could that be it? And how can I check to see if it has the pieces throughout the ac line like so many people talk about

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
You should start another thread dealing with your AC problems and also check down below under the Similar Threads header below each Thread if you do more searching in this forum.
If you find something else electrical that is not working, it may be on the same fuse, if a fuse is the problem. ie: door mirror adj, etc.
Don't assume the worst. :eek:
PS: How did you check to see if either radiator fan comes on? Turn the AC on?
They should both come on when the AC is switched on.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to turn the AC on and I also ran the car for a while and neither fan cut on. I asked about the compressor because maybe they are all related./

I also heard from someone that if the fans dont work, it keeps the compressor from cutting on because the car doesnt want the ac to run with no fans and overheat. Idk about that though it sounded too weird to be the issue

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
I found out that by bleeding the system, it fixed the issue. Too much air throwing off the sensor and it wasnt allowing the fans to cut on. That paired with fan motors that were going bad.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
The fans should have turned on when you turned the AC on regardless of the other sensor, I think.
Anyhow, do they both turn on when you turn the AC on now, even with the engine cool?
Thanks for posting back and glad to see you have it solved. Hopefully your AC will keep you cool this summer. :D
Hopefully you found some cheaper fans than OEM and didn't have too much trouble changing them out.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They didnt turn on because the motors were going bad. So when i took them out to test them, by chance they felt like starting. a few taps to the motors with hammers fixed it

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you already checked the fuses but i want to suggest that specially check the particular fuse of the fans and AC. Must check your wiring from the battery. If the problem is there in the cooling of AC then must go for the checking of cooling gas.

·
Registered
772 Posts
AC isnt blowing cold

When you have the a/c properly serviced, everything will be normal. Letting AIR out of the system is not the correct way to fix. JMO, Good luck.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I believe he was talking about burping the cooling system. Sounds like he had an air bubble in it that wouldn't let the temp control sensor for the radiator fan to work properly. At least that is what it sounds like to me.
Buffalo4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts