Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All

I have searched everywhere I seem to can't find the exact measurements for my CRV audio unit.

So anyone know what the dimension is for the gen2 v? I'm willing to put a satnav on mine but don't know which one to buy.

Will someone please provide the height, width and depth in millimetres?

Anyone know if this will fit?
http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/271359781257

Thanks in advance

Jason

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you go to crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle specifications in "What Fits My Car", it will give you the info you seek. For 2002 CR-V...

Usable space behind your dash for a new stereo: 11.362"

Radio types that will fit in your dash:
4"-tall ("Double-DIN" style)
2"-tall ("DIN" style)

You will need a "dash kit" in order to put an aftermarket radio into your CR-V. Scosche and Metra make them.
You will also need an aftermarket wiring harness adapter if you don't want to cut factory wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I will go to the that website you provided and have a look.

Jason

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just removed the factory 6 CD changer on my 05 SE to install a Kenwood DPX500BT. It turned out the factory mounting brackets lined up perfectly with the multitude of mounting holes on the Kenwood. I measured the faceplate spacing and height of the factory stereo relative to the brackets and duplicated on the kenwood. I only had to trim the faceplate for the dash panel to fit around it properly. So, you may NOT need a mounting kit if you give the factory mount ears a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts