Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I not to long ago picked up a 2002 crv sport with the k24a1 with the automatic transmission , I have been slowly fixing things that needed repair and maintenance and the car is looking and running amazingly well but I have a minor problem that I cant seem to find any information on, When I picked this car I was told by the previous owner that the air conditioning system didn't work and from reading around I knew it was a common problem the compressor components failing even after honda recalled them and replaced them, this didn't bother me too much because the weather is fine year round where I live and I can deal with it, however I have noticed that my thermo fan and air conditioner fan on the radiator never turn's on and I'm concerned if I get into peak hour trafic on a hot day this might cause me problems, I have tried a few things to get them to work such as checking fuses under the dash and testing the relay switch's under the hood by swapping them into the horn relay spot and the relays all work and but neither fan ever spins, I know the fan motors are not burnt out because I hot wired them directly to the battery and they spin up just fine.To clarify the air con light will light up and blow air using the cabin fan and will heat the cabin but not cool it as I think the compressor is dead, this is fine by me but I'v been told when the aircon fan is on the fan on the aircon side of the radiator should spin up and the thurmo fan motor radiator should spin when the car gets slightly over operating temperature.Any suggestion's as to what I should try next to solve this issue would be much appreciated thank you

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Yep, BOTH fans should come on when you switch the AC on, regardless of set temp or engine temp.
Did you check the fan fuses?
Condenser Fan : Under Hood Fuse Box--Fuse #1 20A
Cooling Fan: Under Hood Fuse Box -- Fuse #4 20A
Free download of the 2002 CRV Owner's Manual here: http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2002/CR-V/manuals
Page #336 has the Under the Hood Fuse box layout.

Buffalo4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts