Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 2.0L CRV Sport - Auto
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the D light on the instrument clutter started flashing constantly. Carried on when moved to any other gear. Turning the car off and on got rid of it. Used my generic code reader and no codes were stored.
Car didn't drive any differently, it hasn't changed since I got it a year ago, so I'm a bit confused!

Obviously it detected some sort of fault somewhere... Any ideas?

Transmission fluid is full and fine. I changed it 3 times when I got the car.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,101 Posts
Though it should throw codes if it's happening, I would next suspect one of the shift solenoids. There are two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Though it should throw codes if it's happening, I would next suspect one of the shift solenoids. There are two.
Just been and checked again, the code scanner says there are 2 codes stored, but when I click read codes, it says none are stored! Quick Google suggests the oil pressure switches? One on top of the gearbox seems to be the usual suspect. Found them on eBay for £5 from China... Can't find them anywhere else.
May just drive it and wait for it to flash again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one of those bluetooth OBD readers somewhere... If I can find that later i'll scan it again with that and the pro version of the app I have to see if that'll pick anything up.
It definitely drives fine, nothing unusual for an 18 y/o vehicle!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news. Read the codes!
I got 2 codes.
P0845 - so it is a pressure switch - which one?
And also the code P1298. I'll give that a Google now.
I think the second code is an old one as I remember it showing 1 code when I scanned it just after I got it. It shows no symptoms of that code (alternator issues) or anything similar.

·
Registered
2002 Honda crv
23 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing happen. Auto trans pressure switch. Pretty cheap to get fixed too, thankfully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts