Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel gauge reads behind the Empty indication. I have replaced the in tank sending unit and pump, battery, checked the meter 7.5 amp fuse (good) under the steering column, and attempted the disconnect/reconnect of the sending unit (3X). All with no change. What's left?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Thanks, that does help...and Yikes!

A quick check of my favorite online parts store shows the entire gauge cluster is a single part, and is US $1,085 list price, and about US $760 online.

eBay has a bunch of clusters for around US $100.
I even saw one listing for a repair service. You ship your cluster to them, they fix it within 24 hours, and ship it back. Of course that would require you have a different car to drive for the time it's in transit.

And I have no idea whether the odometer mileage is stored in the cluster, or is picked up from the "computer" in your CR-V.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
451 Posts
the needle is way further to the left (counter clockwise) than if the cluster is unplugged,I agree bad cluster,I did swap clusters between a 2005 and 2006 and the mileage does stay with the cluster so it must be stored on a chip on the board I didnt bother to take it apart to find out but maybe could be swapped,the needle may have just fell off the shaft i would check that first,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts