Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 is not turning over. We tried to jump it with no success. We have taken the 1 year old battery out and had it tested. They said it was fine. We then thought it had to be the starter so we took it out and they tested that and said it was ok, but they could not say it would work under a load, so we changed the starter while we were in there. Still not cranking. Has anybody had this problem and if so what was your fix?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adjust shift position sensor on tranny...
No edit option. so:

Turn steering wheel fully to the right (optional).

Get down 'n dirty in-front of the front right wheel.

Locate AT Gear Position Sensor (just aft of the Transmission's Fluid filler plug.

Loosen/slacken its two (10mm head) mounting bolts (just slightly to get fwd/backwards movement), while someone is holding the key in the "start" position, rock the sucker fwd/back and see if you get it to crank.

If so, find the best position (mid), re-tighten.

Keep clear of moving parts, fan belts, etc.

If not, follow starter's electrical schematic...

If you want to quick-check just the starter:

On the starter itself,
Jump-wire the starter's main (Heavy) wire to the male spade connector on the starter solenoid (small wire to the bottom, remove female spade connector/wire) and it should crank.

If the key (ignition "on", it will start - remove immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an automatic. We tried putting it in neutral and still nothing. We will try to adjust the shift sensor when we get a chance. Just so happens this is a car my daughter has currently in florida while she is attending nursing school. I live in michigan and I always do the repairs on my vehicles but being so far away makes that rough.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess it ran out of oil, then...
haha!

I would try jumping the starter as mentioned above, and getting to the starter is difficult!

Good luck.

You can also do a signal test, hook up a test light or voltage meter to the wire going to the starter and check if you are getting voltage when the key is cranked to START.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.