Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 crv with 87000 miles on it. I had code 1166 come up so I changed the upstream sensor with a cheap one. After I started the car it ran about a minute and code p1167 came up so I bought a Denso 234-9005 and the same thing p1167 came back after the car ran about a minute. I put the original sensor back on the car and light came on after about 30 miles p1166. Does anyone have a idea what is going on with this

·
Everything in Moderation
8,064 Posts
Both of those codes concern the heating circuit of the O2 sensor. (There is an electrical element in the sensors that warms it up and allows it to accurately control the Air/Fuel Ratio sooner.)

Since you have ruled out the sensors themselves, it is time to investigate the wiring. Corrosion on the plugs or loose contacts have been reported in the past. It is also possible that road debris has damaged the wiring harness.

Post back with results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out the two sensors I bought on eBay was junk. The last one I bought on eBay was supposed to be a Denso 234-9005 which said it on the sensor I believe was a fake. I went to a local parts store and bought another Denso 234-9005 and that solved the problem put 35 miles on it and everything reset except the evap. So I don’t think I will buy any more o2 sensor on eBay

·
Everything in Moderation
8,064 Posts
Yeah, fake parts via mail are an issue these days, and you can't always tell they are different.

I just 'fell' for a poor imitation of something off Amazon, so I had to return it. Good that Amazon takes stuff back no questions asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts