Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After logging over 300k miles on my CRV the front carpet has become a bit...not there.

I'd like to replace the carpet but haven't been able to locate any carpet kits specific to the car. Just "universal" carpet kits which are really just overpriced rolls of automotive carpet. I've put carpet from rolls in my MGB's but I would prefer to not do that with the CRV

Any ideas on where I might be able to find a carpet kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would like to add that when working on my daughters Toyota Prius, I broke 3 plastic clips. I did a search for Toyota parts and was unable to find anything like the link I got you. Just recently I was working on my grandmothers Dodge Caravan and same thing, no parts breakdown. So as far as I know Honda is the only manufacture that sells parts like this online. Another good reason to love Honda!

·
Banned
806 Posts
I would like to add that when working on my daughters Toyota Prius, I broke 3 plastic clips. I did a search for Toyota parts and was unable to find anything like the link I got you. Just recently I was working on my grandmothers Dodge Caravan and same thing, no parts breakdown. So as far as I know Honda is the only manufacture that sells parts like this online. Another good reason to love Honda!
This tool makes removal of those clips super easy without damaging them. Best $10 I ever spent on a tool. I have even seen them at auto parts stores. Just get the one with that black rubber piece it gives you the ability to adjust the fulcrum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey based on the Link to parts that dthor68 posted, looks like the oem replacements are very expensive. You have the same color mats as I do in My 2006 CRV. I just finished going through refreshing my 10 year old oem mats tonight. Spanned over 3 nights mind you. Evening 1 I used professional Grade upholstery and fabric cleaner to remove the soiling. Evening 2 I replaced all the snaps with new hardware, and Tonight I refreshed them with a carped paint/dye. They came out amazing. I plan to do my carpet once the weather warms up.

Mats.jpg

Cheers
ZAZE

Ps. Hope you see this another option.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Forgot to add that my total cost for this with the hardware[new snaps] and tool was 6 bucks on ebay and 13 bucks for the spray can of upholstery and carpet paint/dye.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

I know Nissan and also Acura have parts catalogs online. I use them pretty regular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts