Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

is there a way to delete this thing properly? it fell off and i had to cut it loose as i had no way to secure it back up

nearest dealer is a 1200km drive. nearest mechanic is 400kms and they are useles for anything electrical
nearest recor is 1200km drive

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
404 Posts
Sounds like you are Way Out In the Boonies. As long as she's still running I'd suggest you limp along as far as you can.

However by being that far away I suspect the cost of a tow wrecker would exceed her value. If she quits while enroute then say good-bye to her, she led the good life.

Good luck with your once formidable (but now ancient) vehicle.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You cannot delete that. They are there to deal with fuel fumes and keep the tank from getting to much pressure. Both of which will cause a fire. Also there is almost 0 electrical about it. It's a plastic box with charcoal in it basically. Couple vacuum ports and a couple electrical connectors only an idiot would cut versus unclip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cannot delete that. They are there to deal with fuel fumes and keep the tank from getting to much pressure. Both of which will cause a fire. Also there is almost 0 electrical about it. It's a plastic box with charcoal in it basically. Couple vacuum ports and a couple electrical connectors only an idiot would cut versus unclip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
it ripped off the car and i couldnt get the conectors off. not to mention im laying on sharp as hell rocks in my back. plus parts of it were smashed the metal frame its in is mangled and it snaped the bolts that mount it to the car

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would it missing cause the car to sudenly over time to not run? just crank and crank then fire. then outa blue stall out and not start then start and die... curently stuck on a slope i cant even jack it up safely to try and reinstall it atm..

pulled my plugs they are 6months old cleaned them off and still no luck. tried pulling the battery nothing changed. sometimes it will fire for few seconds then die again or enough to drive it so far then it dies like couple hundred yards doesnt respond to gas pedal postion at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.