Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Honda CR-V and I have had it for about 10 months and the summer heat is just starting here and I have realized just how bad this heat is without AC. I don’t want to give up my CR-V but I will have to if I can’t find a inexpensive way to fix this AC issue. My AC light is on but it always blows outside air which is still hot. The two fans in the very front of the CR-V don’t come on when the AC is on and I don’t know why. Any diagnosis of that issue would be appreciated as it’s currently 104° in my CR-V right now. I’ve checked the two relays under the hood as well that correspond to the cooling system with no luck.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,135 Posts
Sounds as if you are low on refrigerant.

Rather than ask 1000 questions, I suggest bringing the car to an independent shop for evaluation. For the price of an hour's labor, they will advise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would start from the beginning. Most likely could be field coil failed in the A/C compressor, blown fuse (but why), low freon, or compressor is caput internally. I would start with investigating if the clutch is turning on at all. If it's not whether its the low freon or the field coil in the clutch broke.
I fried a field coil in the A/C compressor clutch due to the corrosion on the clutch itself. It created too much heat and cooked the coil. So the fix was to replace the clutch. But those are known for total compressor destruction as well, so could be internal failure of the compressor. You can rent gauges from Autozone and start some basic testing on pressure, etc.
Unfortunately the A/C is the weakest link in these otherwise very dependable cars. A/C is not reliable in these at all, very unfortunately.

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
You can rent gauges from Autozone and start some basic testing on pressure, etc.
Yes, basically you pay for the gauges as a "rental" tool, then bring the tool back and get your money back. Do not use a debit card. If you do, it may take several days processing for the money to go back in to your account. Use a real credit card instead. Unless you have the cash of course. Sometimes AZ gives you reward dollars for renting stuff. I wound up renting about $300 of tools and when I brought them back they gave me a $20 credit receipt to use for any product they sell. Sweet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.