Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been creeping this forum for a year now and found a ton of good advice. I was wondering if anybody else has come across this problem. I picked up a 2002 honda crv about a year ago from a friend who was moving overseas for work. This is my annoying problem.

The drivers door autolock occasionally works with the key fob. When the vehicle is running, sometimes the autolock when activated by hand does not open the passenger doors, sometimes it does. When the vehicle is off, the autolock when activated by hand works. I also noticed that the side mirror defrost doesn't seem to work and the little green light doesn't come on when the button is depressed.

I picked up the driver's side door actuator and replaced it. Did not solve the problem. I tested the old actuator off of the battery and it rotated freely? Any ideas out there?

Oh yah, the tach is intermittent but you can hear power getting to it. Don't know if this could be related to the door gremlins.

Thanks for any input.
Angelo

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
Another common issue is with the drivers door switch. These can be damaged by repeated instances of the seat belt not retracting, and being closed on them.

The rubber covering is very good at hiding damage.

+++++++++

Another watchpoint is the rear door switch (tailgate). Put a small washer under the rubber boot on the door frame switch actuator to make sure it senses that the tailgate is shut.

+++++++++

If the car thinks a door is open, it won't lock the doors with the fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update. I found 4 frayed or near broken wires between the door and the frame. Everything is working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts