Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question. Not sure if this is the right place in the forum.

My 2002 Honda CRV EX (2.4 Litre) is about to hit 300,000km (186,411 miles ish). I bought it at 212,000km just over three years ago with full service records. It's a manual, I have changed the struts, power steering pump when it failed.... fixed a oil leak last year....and that about it.

How long do these engines go on for? I'm from the UK so I have no point of reference.
85% of my driving has been highway. Regular oil changes. Everything works except air con which I don't need (I live in Canada).

My mechanic showed me a Honda Odyssey that has 400,000km that works fine. He just says don't let the oil run low that all.

is there a average milestone for these engines?

·
Registered
600 Posts
2004 EX 5 mt

I'm currently at 289,000 miles. I've only had recommended services done, oil /filter replacement every 6,000 miles, belts replaced when needed. Only engine issue I ever had was a clogged oil screen that prevented engine from getting above 2900 rpm at 240k. Still has original water pump and clutch. Replaced the AC compressor and fan and fuel pump at 275K and an non-OEM catalytic converter installed.

Tie rod ends replaced at 275k.

CV joints and axles replaced at 220k

Brakes replaced at 122K, 220K, and new front rotor and pads at 275 K ( it is a manual 😀 With original clutch)

I expect it's good for at least another 100k, and I just purchased a 2017 CR-V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts