Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 02 CRV and recently lost my key fob. I got a replacement, programmed it successfully and it works.... Just not to unlock the doors. When I press the unlock button the red light on the remote lights up, but there is no noise or movement of any part of the locking mechanism inside the vehicle. The old remote worked perfectly with no issues, and it was replaced probably 3 weeks after I lost it. I did replace the window master switch during the 3 weeks with no fob, did I maybe do something to it then? The key does work to manually unlock. I have searched extensively for info on this but all I can find is regarding the fob not locking, or not working at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried to provide all relevant info but am happy to answer questions. Thanks

·
2,774 Posts
I'd guess either the new fob is defective (the unlock switch), or the programming did not take properly. Is it an OEM fob? If not, that could be the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd guess either the new fob is defective (the unlock switch), or the programming did not take properly. Is it an OEM fob? If not, that could be the problem.
Yes, the new fob is OEM. I have also attempted to reprogram it multiple times, hoping that I just screwed it up somehow, but keep getting the same result. Should I try to get them to swap it out for me? I think I tossed the package on accident, so Im not sure they'd even take it back...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My 2003 does something similar but does work with a few presses. But it's all buttons except panic button. I played hell getting the programming to take too (took me about 8 tries to get it to cooperate). Oddly enough works from other side of my house just fine to lock it but standing next to it, I have to press a couple times.

You say it's OEM, did it come from a Honda Dealership? If not and wasn't in a Honda bag it's NOT oem. Mine are not Honda which is likely why it's finicky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts