Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 crv awd manual transmission shudder shake from stop after releasing clutch in first gear only. . Also has a slight wobble on acceleration at 60-70 mph but not coasting. Attached is link to YouTube video. Any help would be great l!

·
Everything in Moderation
8,187 Posts
From the vid, looks like rear diff shake, wouldn't you agree?

Visually inspect the rubber mounts for the diff, also replace the Dual Pump Fluid inside if you don't know the last change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the vid, looks like rear diff shake, wouldn't you agree?

Visually inspect the rubber mounts for the diff, also replace the Dual Pump Fluid inside if you don't know the last change.
Yes it seems there is a rear dynamic dampner that I see may be worn down everything else seems tight. I was going to change it as soon as I get part. I wasn’t sure if this noise could be from that? I recently changed the fluid to see if it would go away and it hasn’t. The fluid that was in it wasn’t very bad looking. I appreciate your advice and hope that may help.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,187 Posts
That shaking is vibrating EVERYTHING in the vid. Perhaps getting the car on a lift would be worthwhile.

To verify: you used Dual Pump Fluid II? But it made NO difference? Cause if you look at the rear axles they look as if they are turning differently than the driveshaft (indicating differential pump issues)

Another strategy might be to remove the propshaft and see if the shakes & vibrations go away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That shaking is vibrating EVERYTHING in the vid. Perhaps getting the car on a lift would be worthwhile.

To verify: you used Dual Pump Fluid II? But it made NO difference? Cause if you look at the rear axles they look as if they are turning differently than the driveshaft (indicating differential pump issues)

Another strategy might be to remove the propshaft and see if the shakes & vibrations go away.

Yes I used dual fluid oem. I agree that it is shaking the whole thing. I will check the propeller shaft and the dynamic dampner is shot. I will also check the differential insulator. Changing the cheapest visible parts first to see if it goes away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a really interesting video.

My 2004 w 220k just started making noise at starts and uphill under load. I have no evidence that any of the motor, tranny mounts, or dampers have ever been changed. So I'm just looking for a starting point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts