Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
local mechanic is useles, nearest honda guy is 1200 kms away.

been around -20 temps here and warmed up to -5 -9 during the day and -20 at night (Celsius)
monday my car started runing poorly like its miss firing and for last while its sturggled to start. will fire then die specialy when really cold even pluged in (when i say really cold i mean below -30) starting like it wasnt pluged in.
and has had really bad smelling exaust and now u smell unburnt gas

anyhow i got the fallowing codes according to my reader

p0505 idle control valve
p1259 vtech malfunction
p0301 cyld 1 mis fire
p0303 cyld 3 mis fire
p0304 cyld 4 miss fire
p0300 engin miss fire
p0452 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Inpu

my oil levels are where they need to be
i got 316,000 kms on it

the rear black canister that hangs down infront of the driver side rear wheel is all smashed up have a replacement but kinda hard to do it when its a blob of ice under there.

where should i start with this?

·
Registered
895 Posts
The evap canister behind the wheel is most likely your problem if it’s damaged. You probably have a big ole vacuum leak back there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Another possibility causing a rich condition is a bad intake air temp sensor. Looking at the codes again, you may want to go after the P0505 for the IAC valve. Problems there will make it hard to start. Do you have a scan tool?

Don’t rule out problems with the evap canister just because it has been that way for a while. Doesn’t make it any less likely to have problems.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
There is a lot that can be wrong. Without actual data to look at there is no way to tell you what to do. Best to take it to the shop. But driving with that box smashed is likely part of the problem and not something you can just let go like that. You may have damage the catalytic converter, gained a bad vacuum leak and so on. Or could simply be the IAC. Along with 10 other things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts