Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2003 CRV a year ago for a safe reliable car for my 16 year old son and future use by his 14 and 9 year old brothers. I hope it will last a long time. I recently replaced the Struts on all 4 corners with complete strut/spring units, so the ride quality has been fixed. My issue is a big time vibration at 50-70 mph. This was an issue that stared before the strut replacement. I had the car aligned and all four tires dynamically balanced today about a week after I put on the struts. I feel like I have emliminated the struts and/or tires being the casuse of the vibration. Trying to eliminate drive train I took it out of gear at 60-65-70. The vibration does not go away. What I did notice is if I blip the trottle at 60-65-70 the vibration stops for a split second and then continues. It is not on the "up" part of the blip but on the "down" part of blip. What else should I try to narrow this down? The blip part makes me think it is not the suspenstion. What could be causing this? Thank you in advance for your help

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
Suspect: the driveshaft's universal joints are binding.

As a diagnostic, you could remove the driveshaft for a while. (Be sure to support the center bearing when doing so) You won't hurt anything like that, your V will just be driven by the front wheels ONLY.

If that eliminates the problem, you could see if a driveshaft/Jeep shop could replace the joints, or buy a new driveshaft (Pricey!).

If you want to read up, SEARCH here for driveshaft or propshaft...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts