Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but have checked in on it a few times. It has been a wealth of knowledge, thanks to all. but anyways i have a 2003 crv with a 4 speed automatic that keeps pulling to the left. I have had it aligned 3 times in the last year and half, but yet it keeps "needing something". the guys at the oil,tire and alignment shop. "Pope Davis" don't seem to have answer for why it keeps needing to be realigned. Any help or suggestions would be great.
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have you tried swapping the front tires side to side. Sometimes a tire made with the part that goes around the tire - belt I think they call this part- may be off centre so the tire cross section in not symetrical. This can cause a pull to one side. If you swapped the tires and the pull went to the right, you would have found your problem.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
yeah, check your tire pressure, and your tread wear, its rare but tires are made to close tolerences and somtimes a small change can cause the car to pull, a 89' gmc seirra i use to have would contantly pull to the left due to a low tire, and it would cause the tuck to go out of alignement, if you are able to and have the time to try swapping one of your left side tires with your spare and see how that works, i dont see any reason why your car would pull besides a tire issue, that is if you car is being properly aligned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!

Just before reading the posts i had gone out side and noticed that i am getting an uneven wear on the front left tire. i checked the tire pressure and it was about 3 pounds low, but it didnt correct the drifting issue. i am going to rotate my tires today and see if that has any affect.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts