Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This topic is to try to discuss the possible causes and solutions regarding a case I have with my 2003 CRV.

While stopped on a red light or any other moment: in neutral or in D; the CRV is giving me a lot of vibrations on the steering wheel and the hole vehicle.

I've already checked for vacuum leaks with the spray technique. Adjusted valve clearance, inspected and changed the engine mounts if applicable. Spark plugs are recent, coils are ok, they are not new, but they are working fine, tried the disconnecting a coil technique in order to find out if a piston is missfiring, checked and cleaned the IAC valve, changed the PVC valve, cleaned the VTEC and front VTEC strainers.

The only thing I have not done is maybe clean the EGR/header component.

As you can read, I have spent a lot of reading and time trying to fix the issue that is breaking my head.

Any idea of something I might be missing and or maybe improperly addressed by my self that could help me to solve the issue? Could this be an uneven compression ratio or something deeper?

As in other examples available online, at higher RPM's the vibration is not present. I mean, if I don't want to feel the vibrations I just have to increase the RPM's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok.

So far I removed the right side Engine mount and it was evident that the upper engine support is touching directly with the vehicle structure, but the support is not physically damaged. So I tried to use some 3 solid washer and used it to, lest say "jacked up" some millimeters from the touch-up zone on the 3 bolt zones: two bolts on the engine and the one that goes in the mount it self.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

http://www.autozone.com/collision-body-parts-and-hardware/motor-mount/duralast-motor-mount/525820_0_4302

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I'd suspect that that engine mount is broken if it's allowing the touching of the structure. It may look OK, but it's not.
Is this a fluid filled mount by any chance?
I think you've more than likely found your vibration source.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, as I can recall the right engine mount is a fluid filled one. I replaced the old mount and added washers so this can lift the connecting arm a little bit more.

But even so, I fell the engine still vibrate more than it should.

Two things I've noticed:

1-) When on heavy load, the come and head lights dim a little bit when you use the door locks or power window. I'll take a look at the ELD, even though I don't have a check engine light for that matter. How, if I don't have a code, test the ELD?

2-) I'm not sure how to test it, but I suspect that the IAC valve might have something to do with this issue. could it? how can I test it?

Thank you again for the comments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got a 2005 with new mounts doing the same. Also a 2002 that shakes but not as bad as the 05.
I remember when we bought our 05 new from Honda it had a vibration at idle while at a stop light.
I’m going to try loading the mounts differently to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts