Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 03 5 speed recently. Car shakes pretty good under load between 25-50mph-ish. It smooths out above 55mph but still shakes slightly under acceleration. I removed the driveshaft completely thinking the ujoints failed but the car still shakes just as bad. All motor mounts look good.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
Could be a Constant Velocity Joint (CV) in a front axle. Look for signs of leaking grease in the boots, or blobs of sealant on the rubber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our 06 auto with 107k miles had the shakes on acceleration at lower speeds. I replaced both front half shafts with cheapie Cardones and no more shakes. old ones had no torn boots or leaking grease visible and felt tight by hand but was obviously worn. Could have been just one of the 2 but I figure I get both done. Hope they last more than 30k miles, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, Cardone Select (new) from rockauto is where I got mine. Was like $111 shipping included. According to a few posts on here, their reman's are not too good. Hope their new shafts last more than 30k miles, fingers crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts