Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an after market alternator 2-3 years ago and it has died. The dealer said they do not have them anymore. Can anyone recommend one that will last awhile longer?
Thanks,
Greg V.

· Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,121 Posts
While I shy way from remanufactured alternators, Denso is probably your best bet if it was remanufactured by Denso. Why do I shy away from remanufactured alternators...What does remanufactued even mean. Did they just clean it up and replace the brushes..maybe new bearings, new regulator. Did they turn the commutator. Who's brushes, bearings and electronics did they use...it truly matters.

· Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,551 Posts
I shy way from remanufactured alternators, Denso is probably your best bet
x2 on Denso. If you can find a FACTORY rebuild, they are as good as 'new'. Have used these (from RA) for our cars that used Bosch originally.

That said, if you have your original alternator still, bring it to an auto electric shop to have it tested and repaired. The guy near us has done everything I wanted and will recommend 'how much of a rebuild' it needs. Their turnaround time is never more than a day.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rockauto.com have good quality remanufactured. They have different quality level. Get Denso, Bosch, Cardone.
Thanks

x2 on Denso. If you can find a FACTORY rebuild, they are as good as 'new'. Have used these (from RA) for our cars that used Bosch originally.

That said, if you have your original alternator still, bring it to an auto electric shop to have it tested and repaired. The guy near us has done everything I wanted and will recommend 'how much of a rebuild' it needs. Their turnaround time is never more than a day.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts