Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2003 CRV with 125,000 miles. I'm not able to control the heat and seems there is only hot air blowing through all vents, no outside vent air. Also noticed the a/c would not engage. After completing the climate control diagnosis, I received a DTC code 9. Took it to have a mechanic look at it and he did determine a mouse had started a nest in the vent/hose prior to the cabin air filter. The hose was cleaned out and the cabin filters replaced. I'm assuming this is the outside air vent. After reading information on this forum, it sounds like the evaporator sensor may not have engaged because the vent was blocked. He also checked the blend door motor (?). The motor is working fine, the cables leading up to it are working, but it appears the blend door is stuck. He has given me a quote of $640 just to remove the entire dashboard to see why the door is stuck. Is there anything I can do before I commit to such a big expensive job? Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O.K., I've taken it out on the road early this morning, and this is what I've noticed. There is evidently a free flow of air through the vents now because the air coming from them is cool rather than hot like it was before the mechanic cleaned the evidence of the mouse nest.

Now, I can't get the heat to work!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts