Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

03 V here. What would be a more recommended/worthy change if I would like to have better sound in my V? Changing the stock speakers or the stock head unit? My budget is around $50 give or take $10.

I recently bought a pair of Kenwood KFC-1665S and they sound like total crap. No bass response at all, and does not sound loud at all. I get distortion even at half volume.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

-Danny

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would replace the HU if you can find one in your price range.
In my experience, many aftermarket speakers sound worse with the factory headunit than the original factory speakers did. Mid-bass is usually worse. This is because the factory HU has very little power (forget about the published specs, they are peak figures) and the HU & factory speakers are tuned as a system to the car.
Those Kenwoods will definitely sound better with a little more power behind them and the ability to adjust EQ. But $50 isn't going to get you much of a head unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those Kenwoods will definitely sound better with a little more power behind them and the ability to adjust EQ. But $50 isn't going to get you much of a head unit.
I asked around and a friend of mine recommended a Pioneer DEH-X2700UI. He says adjusting the EQ makes a world of a dif.

I think I will be returning or selling the Kenwoods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts