Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having exhaust codes come up on the CEL. Tried new O2 sensors but that didnt fix it. I wanted to take the EGR valve off and check it to see if it is clogged. I dont think it is since my idle is still fine. Im also finding random forums showing that this particular car does NOT have an EGR valve...Just looking for some guidance before I jump on buying a new Catalytic Converter and/or more O2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
414 Posts
check fuse 15 its 20A on the under dash fuse box it can blow from the shorted O2 and not have power to the new O2 all those codes are for the upstream o2 heater circuit heres some info,there is a relay also inline to the o2 but I cant find a diagram but the problem is probably the fuse 15 underdash 20a or a broken wire for the 12V B+ for the o2 heater white wire on the harness side is b+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check fuse 15 its 20A on the under dash fuse box it can blow from the shorted O2 and not have power to the new O2 all those codes are for the upstream o2 heater circuit heres some info,there is a relay also inline to the o2 but I cant find a diagram but the problem is probably the fuse 15 underdash 20a or a broken wire for the 12V B+ for the o2 heater white wire on the harness side is b+ View attachment 137673
Hmm I checked the fuse and it looked old but fine. I replaced it anyway since I have some. I'll try and research to find the relay and check that too. I'm just at a loss.

I'm actually wondering if there's any merit to my crazy theory. When I bought the car it was fine, no CEL. I went 6 months without issue. Then I got a Sam's club card to take advantage of their cheaper gas. After a couple months of that it seemed like the light would come and go. I actually thought I had it figured out that if I skipped Sam's club for a tank or two the light would go away then come back the first tank of Sam's club. After a few months of trial and error the light just stayed on and here we are. But I'm still wondering if that could be part of it

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
414 Posts
the heater built into the oxygen sensor will open circuit when they go bad ,sometimes the heater will short to ground blowing the fuse, the 12 volts that feed the heater Ho2 b1s1 has no load so the computer senses it has low current draw and or voltage drop and sets the codes oxygen sensor heater circuit,check the pos. and neg. 12V + and - . check it with the engine running is needed on some cars ,clear the codes when done,this should be the wires on the O2 note the harness side vs sensor wires are different color,the 12v pos. should be the white wire on the harness side of the upstream oxygen sensor connector and black wire on the sensor side of the connector,pin 3 is 12v pos ,the pdf below explains it better

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
414 Posts
1 more thing i thought of is make sure it is fuse 15 thats a 20A that you are checking it should have a missing fuse to its right and a 15A on the right of the gap/missing fuse for the fuel pump 15A, the missing 1 is for heated seats,if you dont have heated seats that is,looking at the diagram below will
help,also make sure you use a test light that has a real bulb no LED ,grounded to the power outlet is good and check the fuses while they are installed in the box,check both sides of the fuse with the tip of the pos. probe in the little hole on each side of the fuse with the engine running,could be a broken white wire too

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts