Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently had a problem with the lock on the driver's side of my 03 V. It seems to not go all the way down whether I use the locks button on the drivers side, or the remote or even physically pressing it down. The only solution I found is to pull the unlock lever while pressing it down. This is the only way I can lock it. All the rest of the locks seem fine except the driver's one.

Any ideas what this may be? Replace the actuator?

Thanks.
-Danny

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds to me like the rod attaching to the end of the lock cyclinder may be bent.
But I wouldnt rule out the actuator as the the problem either. Yhe only way to know for sure is to remove the door panel and get in there, then you should be able to see what is going on there quite easily.
Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took apart the door panel and checked around. I couldnt find what was wrong. When I pull the unlock lever, I feel the rod on the drivers lock being yanked a bit and then being able to pressed down.

Here's a better explanation of this...

Right now, I am facing a similar problem. The lock on the driver's side would not go down... neither the door lock switch, the fob or even manually pressing it. The only way it goes down is if I pull on the unlock lever from the drivers door while pressing the lock down.

The Fob does not lock any of the doors when all doors are locked. The fob will lock all the doors except the driver's door when I am out of the vehicle. Double pressing the lock on the fob will give me the normal beep from my car (given that the drivers door is manually locked with the procedure stated above).

Unlocking.. I need to use the key manually to unlock the driver's door, passenger door or the back door.

I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Replace actuators. I think there is a TSB on actuators where Honda replaces them for free, but I am just thinking. Search the forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts