Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 Honda Crv and it has about 145k miles on it. The issue that I’m having with the car is that it starts to choke a lot. It doesn’t choke when it’s on a cold start but once it warms up, then it starts to choke when I accelerate to 25-40mph. The car won’t go pass 2.5-3k rpm. I’ve had 3 codes on the car and those codes were for both the o2 sensors and vtec solenoid. I have replaced the o2 sensors already with new ones. I haven’t done the vtec solenoid yet but I’m hoping it’s not because of that. Please any help would be amazing! Thank you!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is crazy coincidental, I think the p1259 is likely causing your “choking” symptoms. I think it is going to be similar to the 2004 CRV p2646/p2647 codes, where there is an issue with the vtec solenoid / pressure switch / oil pressure / wiring. A lot of people do the “throw parts at it” repair such as changing the vtec pressure switch, changing the vtec solenoid, Cleaning the solenoid screens, or just doing an oil change to “fix it”.

Although this is somewhat painful... Go see this thread:

check out post #20, and notice how it’s so similar to the p2646.

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
I have replaced the o2 sensors already with new ones. I haven’t done the o2 sensor yet but I’m hoping it’s not because of that.
I'm not following you on the above statements as they seem contradictory. Please clarify.

P0134 and P0135 does NOT necessarily mean that you should replace the O2 sensors, although that often does fix the problem. I had the P0134 before on a different car, and it wound up being one of the wires that goes from the upstream O2 sensor connector to the wiring harness and through the firewall and into the ECM. It was a shielded wire that had become compromised. I fished one out of a wiring harness at the junkyard and performed a "bypass" surgery, meaning that I left the faulty shielded wire in the wiring harness (like a hundred wires and a big mess) and installed the replacement wire from the ECM through the firewall and to where the O2 sensor connector is. I soldered the replacement wire at both ends (just before the connector to the O2 sensor and also before the ECM connector). It was NOT the sensor that was faulty, which I had replaced just like you did (or at least I think you did, because you said you did and then you said you didn't, so I'm not understanding what you did).

EDIT: Here's some info, including links to a video regarding P1259:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
1st of all I would suggest to check the wiring integrity of the O2 sensor & the VTEC solenoid if they have not been eaten by an animal. For the VTEC solenoid check to see if the screen are not clogged up before replacing it. Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts