Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 crv and in the past when i engaged the recirc button with the a/c or heater, etc... the fan speed would increase, now when i push the recirc button it lites up but the fan speed never increases like before???? is it actually still working or what do i need to do to fix the issue so it increases fan speed and actually recirculates the air in the vehicle...any help would be appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't know why the fan speed would increase. On my 2003 it never did. Same on my 2011. Changing to Recirc has no effect on fan speed. Only prevents fresh air coming in. The sound may change a bit. Different air path.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Maybe your cabin air filter is dirty and you can't hear the difference now.
Do you still get good air flow through the vents?
Perhaps it isn't going into recirc (inside air mode).
I guess you could check that by sitting in the CRV at a standstill and opening the drivers window slightly (all other doors and windows closed) with the fan on Hi and then, using a tissue paper, see if the air flow goes out the window while the recirc is off and then turn the recirc on.
If the airflow out the window stops, or is greatly reduced when the recirc is on, then it is actually going into recirc mode. If it continues to flow out the window strongly, then the recirc is not switching properly.
Sometimes on AC cool and you turn to Max on some vehicles, it automatically goes to recirc and it gets louder and goes to Max fan speed.
I never had an 03 but I really don't think the fan speed increases by switching to recirc.
Buffalo4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts